Friday, June 16

Bill White sells Katrina evacuees to Calgary

One of my favorite bloggers, Lou Minatti, has shared the following interesting comments from our Mayor Bill.......

The other day, Mayor Bill asked Alberta companies to open their doors to Katrina evacuees looking for work.
Houston, we have a labour problem -- and the mayor of the Texas city says he can help.

During a speech at the Global Petroleum Show yesterday, Houston Mayor Bill White said Alberta should look to his city to cope with severe labour shortages.

"There is a labour pool in Houston," said White.

"I'm not saying they're all model employees ... but I tell you what, there are a lot of people just looking to get back on their feet again."

I am making no editorial comments here.
I too decline to make an editorial comment.

No comments: