Tuesday, January 24

That's hot...


Just when I've kicked my pricey and calorie-laden Starbucks habit, along comes a new selection of coffees for me to find irresistible. A very nifty coffee concept from Wolfgang Puck has me tempted to stray.

The new beverage makes coffee consumption a breeze thanks to a self-heating mechanism. Now, I'm no science whiz but I can tell you that when you push a button on the bottom of the can, crushed limestone and water mix to create a natural reaction which heats up the can's core. It takes six to eight minutes for the coffee get hot, and it stays that way for 30 minutes.

The coffee comes in French Vanilla, Mocha, Caramel and Espresso latte flavors and is available at Randall's and Kroger. The cans cost about $2 and while the taste isn't quite the level of Starbucks, the convenience and novelty of the product makes it worth checking out. And, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before every other hot beverage finds its way into one of these new cans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had known about this for my recent camping trip. The temperatures were below freezing one night. Coffee in bed (without having to get out of bed) would have made me a very happy camper!


Michelle